Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Recommended Korean Films

Since I've got my new TV and DVD Player I've been watching a lot of Korean movies and I thought I should throw together some of my thoughts on some of them that I've watched. Among those movies are three that I consider to be the best Korean cinema has to offer. So here's some of the films and a quick star rating based on the Ebert-meter.



*The Host (4/4) -action/monster/family drama/comedy-

*Memories of Murder (4/4) -true crime/thriller/comedy-

*Portrait of Youth (4/4) -coming of age/art film-

*Road to the Race Track (2/4) -drama-

*The Bow (3/4) -art film-

*War of Flowers (3/4) -gambling/crime/action-

*Chilsu and Mansu (4/4) -buddy picture/drama/comedy-

*By The Book (4/4) -comedy/heist film-

*The Wedding Day (3/4) -fable/comedy-

*Christmas in August (3/4) -drama-

*Taegukgi (3/4) -war film/family drama/historical-

As well as the non-Korea films

*The Unbearable Lightness of Being (4/4) -art film/drama/historical-

*Dog Day Afternoon (4/4) -heist film/drama-

*Elizabeth: The Golden Age (3/4) -historical/drama/court intrigue-