Sunday, November 25, 2007

Movies to Watch

I watched Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution" in theaters recently, though I wasn't able to see the ending. I'm told everyone dies though. So maybe it's for the best.

I'm listening to Bob Dylan's "Thanksgiving" Theme Time Radio show. It's pretty great. I really like the show. His commentary is amazing.



Here's the movies I have, but haven't watched.

1) "A Time to Live A Time to Die" -Hou Hsiao-hsien - 1985
2) "Beyond the Years"
3) "Madame Freedom"
4) "Naked Island" - I've seen this one before, but I saw a pan and scan VHS, so I'm looking forward to watching the DVD. One of my favorite Japanese movies.
5) "The Ball Shot by a Midget"
6) "Wheels on Meals" - Another one I've seen before, but only on VHS.
7) "The Scar" - Kislowski 1976
8) "A City of Sadness" - Hou Hsiao-hsien Hou - 1989
9) "A Man Escaped" - Robert Bresson
10) "After Life" - Hirokazu Koreeda - 1998
11) "Late Autumn" - Ozu
12) "An Inn in Tokyo"
13) "Another Lonely Hitman"
14) "Autumn Afternoon" - Ozu
15) "Baby of Macon" - Peter Greenaway
16) "Blind Woman's Curse"
17) "Calcutta"
18) "Les Biches" - Claude Chabrol
19) "Don't Come Knocking" - Wim Wenders
20) "Drowning by Numbers" - Peter Greenaway
21) "Dust in the Wind" - Hou Hsiao-hsien - 1986
22) "Eating Raoul"
23) "Flowers of St. Francis"
24) "House on Fire"
25) "Images" - Robert Altman
26) "End of Summer" - Ozu
27) "A Short Film about Love" - Kieslowski
28) "Lady Sings the Blues" - 1972
29) "Late Spring" - Ozu
30) "The Devil, Probably" - Robert Bresson
31) "Los Olvidados" - 1950
32) "The Damned" - Visconti
33) "Made in the USA" - Jean Luc Godard
34) "Memories of Underdevelopment"
35) "The Seventh Continent" - Michael Haneke
36) "Paris Nous Appartient" - Jacques Rivette
37) "Pickpocket" - Robert Bresson
38) "Before the Revolution" - Bertolucci
39) "The Long Goodbye" - Altman
40) "Osencrantz and Gilderstern are Dead"
41) "Das Schloß" - Michael Haneke
42) "Sweet Movie"
43) "Kid's Return"
44) "The Only Son" - Ozu
45) "The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes" - Quay Brothers
46) "The Pillow Book" - Peter Greenaway
47) "The Puppetmaster" Hou Hsiao-hsien
48) "The Wayward Cloud" - Tsai Ming-liang
49) "The World of Apu"
50) "Yakuza Papers" - Six Yakuza movies telling a Godfather like story of a family's rise to power.
51) "To Each His Cinema" - Short films by many international directors put together for Cannes.
52) "Triple Cross"
53) "Tulse Luper - Moab Story" - Peter Greenaway
54) "What Time is it There?" - Tsai Ming-liang
55) "Yangsan Island"
56) "Aimless Bullet"
57) "Celine and Julie Go Boating"
58) "That Day on the Beach"
59) "The Candy Snatchers"
60) "The State of Things" - Wim Wenders



Well, that gives a good impression of the amount of movies I have queued up to watch. Well over 120 hours of movies! I need to get started. Good thing I've been reading about poly-phasal sleep patterns. That might give me the time I need to watch this many movies.