Monday, October 22, 2007

YBM Orientation

I'm in my second day of the YBM orientation. I have class again later today in Guro Digital and then I have to come back here to go to bed early to wake up for the orientation in the morning.

I had an idea about using Twitter in the classroom. There are a lot of blogs talking about it, and it seems like a pretty cool idea. It basically depends on how into it the students are. At my school I think it is mostly businessmen so I'm not sure exactly how it will work, but it seems like if the class was right then it would be great.

Also, I want to start using videos in the classroom. Probably just for listening exercises at first but eventually for a whole host of things. Video literacy is very important. Again, it depends on the interest of the students though. So we'll have to see.