
One of the good things about living across the date line from the place you were born is your birthday is 48 hours long. May 4th in Korea I met my friends living in Korea and received messages from them and then May 4th in the US I talked to and received messages from my friends there.
Today was Children's Day in South Korea and is a national holiday. Today I met up with Doona, video-chatted with my parents, ate some Chinese food, and bought some new memory for my laptop. After doing some more diagnostics I figured upgrading the RAM would solve the problems I've been having. My computer will definitely last for another two years now!
I've also started using Chrome for OS X as my main web browser. Firefox is a little too bloated for my taste. I can't help but adding extensions and add-ons and it starts to suck up memory pretty fast. Opera was alright but I didn't like look of the interface. Safari is great but it takes up almost twice as much memory as the other browsers to do the same thing. So now I use Chrome. Since Chrome came out it has been my hands down favorite on XP, but it hasn't been very good on OS X until recently. Now it's as fast or faster than Safari and uses significantly more memory. Now that I have more memory I may end up switching back to safari but for now I'm going to be using mostly Chrome.

I'm waiting for a complete torrent of Game 2 of the Lakers Jazz series to show up. Yesterday I was talking about teams I really don't like and San Antonio has got to be number 1. It was great watching the Suns decimate them for the first three quarters. On that team I particularly hate the Argentinean Nazi Ginobli. I can't stand his constant flopping and bad sportsmanship. He is the most successful player in the NBA at making up for his lack of speed, strength, and skills with manipulating the rules as much as possible. Most players do stupid things to draw fouls and take charges, but the great players don't need to do those things to be great. If you take away Ginobli's flop there goes 50% of his effectiveness.
On the Jazz there is another player that I really don't like, though it's not a passionate hatred like it is with Ginobli. He also happens to have the worst name in the NBA. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Carlos Boozer. This guy, who I take is supposed to be one of the leading players on the team, is really an embarrassment to watch. Aside from his terrible name and appearance, he just plays second tier basketball. I know not everyone has the personality and game to be an All Star, but even for a role player Boozer just doesn't cut it. If he was a bench player who came in for ten minutes a game I wouldn't mind at all, but the fact that he's a starter on the Jazz just shows you have fall they've fallen since the glory days of Stockton Malone.
The Lakers killed in the game one and I'm excited to watch a repeat in game two. Lakers - Suns in Western Conference Finals? Yes Please! In the East the games are boring. I can't bring myself to watch any of the Atlanta - Orlando games, such a waste of time, and the Cavs beating the Celtics is a foregone conclusion. Since I don't like watching LeBron it's not a must watch for me, but I'm glad Boston is giving them a little bit of a hard time so that don't come into the Finals having played five games less than the Lakers.