
Looking over my previous posts I see that I was posting lots of movies lists and I will continue that tradition here. I know we are five months into 2010, but I am just now getting caught up with all the movies I wanted to watch from 2009. Living in Korea I seem to always be about 6 months behind because it takes longer for foreign films to come to the theaters here, and most foreign films don't come at all.
Despite that I have probably seen more movies from 2009 than any year in a while. I made a conscious effort to watch all the award winning 2009 films and go through critics 'end of the year' lists and try to watch as many 2009 films as I could instead of watching older movies like I normally do. So while there are still about two dozen movies from 2009 I want to see, I watched quite a few movies from 2009 and here are my favorites.

Best of the Best - Must See
The White Ribbon (Das weiße Band, Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte)
Nymph (นางไม้,)
Excellent - An Unqualified Recommendation
An Education
In the Loop
Antichrist
Adventureland
Mother (마더)
The Hurt Locker
Bad Lieutenant
A Serious Man
Great - You Won't Regret Watching Them
Bodyguards and Assassians (十月围城)
The Informant!
Gomorrah (Gomorra)
Ponyo (崖の上のポニョ)